Join our team at Transitional Living Centers and help us show the community how important Direct Support Professionals (DSP) are as they assist individuals with disabilities to live their best lives. At TLC you will have the opportunity to work with individuals with a wide range of ages, abilities and interests. We are looking for amazing staff members who will help our individuals truly become a part of the community in Medina County by developing meaningful relationships and experiences for them outside of their homes.
We are looking for innovative staff who want to express creativity through their work, act as advocates for all individuals with intellectual disabilities and create your own best life while helping individuals create theirs. If you have ever considered working in a rewarding field, caring for individuals, we encourage you to apply today.
- Assist individuals with all aspects of their lives, from helping them pick out the decorations for the living room to helping them to cook dinner for their housemates
- DSPs will support the individuals to be as independent as possible
- Many of the individuals living at TLC do not use spoken language as their mode of communication so our DSPs need to be patient, active listeners, who are able to interpret the actions, rather than the words, of the individuals being supported
- Think outside the box and work together with other staff to develop a plan that balances the needs of the individuals while encouraging independence
- Full time, 32+ hours per week
Benefits & Compensation:
- Great benefit packages including dental, medical, life, and vision insurance for employees working a minimum of 30 hours a week
- Free telephone/video medical appointments for staff and family through TeleDoc
Transitional Living Centers, Inc. has been recognized by the American Health Care Association for excellence in care, earning a Bronze and Silver award in Quality. Until recently, TLC was the only company in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to have received such high accolades. We attribute our ability to provide award winning care to our direct care staff and our continuous training of industry specific best practice methods. Much of the continuous training staff receives is developed and presented in house by our Staff Development team. Additionally, TLC uses the Ohio Alliance for Direct Support Professional’s (OADSP) curriculum for part of our new hire training.
Each new staff member starts their career at TLC with the OADSP Basic Certificate, followed by hands on, in house training with an experienced staff member as a Mentor. TLC offers the opportunity to become med. pass certified, earn your Certificates of Initial and Advanced Proficiency from OADSP. Each certificate earned allows our DSPs to move up the career ladder and offers the opportunity to earn more.